Dosage & Administration
- 2-6 years: 2.5 ml syrup, 3-4 times daily
- 6-12 years: 5 ml syrup, 3-4 times daily
- Over 12 years: 5-10 ml syrup, 3-4 times daily (2-4 mg tablet, 3-4 times daily)
Adults: 2-4 mg tablet, 3-4 times daily. Maximum single dose is 8 mg tablet.
salbutamol Injection may be administered by the subcutaneous, intramuscular or intravenous route, under the direction of a physician.
- Subcutaneous route: 500 mcg (8 mcg/kg) and repeated every four hours as required.
- Intramuscular route: 500 mcg (8 mcg/kg) and repeated every four hours as required.
Slow intravenous injection: 250 mcg (4 mcg/kg) injected slowly. If necessary the dose may be repeated. The use of salbutamol Injection 500 mcg in 1 ml (500 mcg/ml, for intravenenous administration may be facilitated by dilution to 10 ml with Water for Injection BP (final concentration of 50 mcg/ml) and 5 ml of the diluted preparation (250 mcg/5 ml) administered by slow intravenous injection.
Pediatric Population: The safety and efficacy of salbutamol Injection in children under the age of 12 has not been established. From the available data no recommendation on posology can be made.
Children aged 12 years and over: Dose as per adult population
Pregnancy & Lactation
Lactation: It is not known whether this drug is excreted in human milk. Because of the potential of tumorigenecity shown for Salbutamol in some animal studies, a decision should be made whether to discontinue nursing or to discontinue the drug, taking into account the importance of the drug to the mother.