Povicidal 5% Ointment is an antiseptic medicine used to prevent and treat minor wounds and skin infections. It kills sensitive organisms like bacteria, fungus, protozoa, and spores present on the skin. It is also used to sanitize skin before a surgical procedure is performed.
Major & minor side effects for Povicidal 5% Ointment
- Skin irritationRARE
- Allergic Skin ReactionSEVERERARE
- Redness of skin
- Acneiform eruptionsRARE
- Thyroid imbalancesRARE
Warnings for special population
- Pregnancy– Use of this medicine is not recommended if you are pregnant. It can be used only when the potential benefits outweigh the risks involved. Non-prescription use of this medicine should be avoided by pregnant women.
- Breast-feeding– Use of this medicine is not recommended for breastfeeding women. However, if it becomes absolutely necessary to use this medicine, then breastfeeding should be discontinued. Consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- Severe skin allergy- Use of this medicine should be discontinued if you experience a skin rash, hive, or severe itching.
- External use only- This medicine is for external use only and should not be applied in the eyes.
- Short-term use– This medicine should be used for short duration only as the risk of side effects increase significantly on prolonged usage.
- Kidney disease- This medicine should be used with caution in patients having a kidney disease or an impairment of the normal kidney function.
- Deep wounds- This medicine should not be used when the wound is very deep or puncture wounds.
- Burns- This medicine should not be used in case of serious burns.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.