Dosage & Administration
Adults and children 5 years of age & over:
The recommended dosage for adults and children 5 years of age & over is 45 ml and repeated 10 to 12 hours later. The intake of clear liquids is an essential part of this regimen. On the day before the procedure, the patient should only take clear liquids for breakfast, lunch and dinner and between doses. No solid food, milk or milk products should be taken on the day before the procedure. The patient should not drink anything colored red or purple. Medical procedure is intended to be performed at early morning, mid-morning or later, by two alternative dosage regimens.Early morning procedure:
The first dose is taken at 7 a.m. on the morning before the procedure. The second dose is taken at 7 p.m. on the evening before the procedure.
Mid-morning (or later) procedure:
The first dose is taken at 7 p.m. on the evening before the procedure. The second dose is taken at 7 a.m. (or at least 3 hours before leaving for the appointment) on the morning before the procedure.
- First dose: Mix 15ml (one third of the bottle) of This into a full glass (approximately 250ml) of clear liquids and drink. Repeat two more times within the next 20 minutes.
- Between Doses: Between the first and second doses, the patient should drink at least three more glasses (approximately 250 ml each) of clear liquids or more if desired to prevent dehydration and to ensure that their bowel remains easily examinable for the procedure.
- Second Dose: Mix 15 ml of This into a full glass of clear liquid and drink. Repeat two more times within the next 20 minutes. Please refer to clear liquids list below. Beverages, water, tea or coffee (no milk or non dairy creamer), sweeteners are acceptable, carbonated or non carbonated soft drinks (not colored red or purple) fruit flavored cordials (not colored red or purple) and strained fruit juices without pulp. Do not drink any alcoholic beverage.
Dose for occasional constipation-
- 12 years old: 20-45 ml
- 10-11 years old child: 10-20 ml
- 5-9 years old child: 5-10 ml
Pregnancy & Lactation
Because of potential harm to the fetus from phosphate absorbed across the placenta, the use of this product is not recommended in pregnant women unless the probable clinical benefit outweighs the possible risk.Use in lactation
Because of potential harm to the infant from phosphate excreted in breast milk, the use of this product is not recommended in nursing mothers unless the probable clinical benefit outweighs the possible risk.
Use in Special Population
Use in children: This is not to be taken by children under 5 years of age.
Use in diabetics: As the liquid diet during the period of administration and prior to bowel surgery, X-Ray of the colon or colonoscopy may affect the diabetic patients’ glucose blood levels, adjustment of their insulin or oral anti-diabetic medication may be necessary.