Pramipexole is indicated for:
- The treatment of Parkinson’s diseases, used alone or as an adjunct to levodopa with dopa decarboxylase inhibitor
- Moderate to severe restless legs syndrome
Dosage & Administration
The recommended dose of Pramipexole is as following-
- Initial dose: 88 micrograms 3 times daily, dose doubled every 5–7 days if tolerated to 350 micrograms 3 times daily; further increased if necessary by 180 micrograms 3 times daily at weekly intervals
- Maximum dose: 3.3 mg daily in 3 divided doses. During pramipexole dose titration and maintenance Levodopa dose should be reduced.
Restless legs syndrome:
- Initial dose: 88 micrograms once daily 2–3 hours before bedtime, dose doubled every 4–7 days if necessary to 350 micrograms daily.
- Maximum dose: 540 micrograms daily