Dosage & Administration
- Rheumatic disorders: The usual initial dose of naproxen is 250 mg twice daily adjusted to 500 mg to 1000 mg daily in 2 divided doses.
- Juvenile arthritis: A dose of 10 mg/kg body weight daily in 2 divided doses is used for children over 5 years of age.
- Acute gout: An initial dose of 750 mg followed by 250 mg every 8 hours.
- Dysmenorrhoea: 500 mg may be given initially followed by 250 mg in every 6-8 hours.
Syrup (Children over 5 years)-
- In juvenile arthritis: The usual dosage of Naproxen is 10 mg/kg/day taken in two doses at 12-hour intervals is recommended.
Gel: Naproxen gel is to be applied 2-6 times a day as required and is not recommended for use in children.