Ondansetron is indicated for:
- Prevention of nausea and vomiting associated with highly emetogenic cancer chemotherapy
- Prevention of nausea and vomiting associated with radiotherapy
- Prevention of post operative nausea and vomiting
Dosage & Administration
Prevention of chemotherapy induced nausea & vomiting (CINV):
- Suppository:Not recommended.
Radiotherapy induced nausea and vomiting:
- Tablet and oral solution: the recommended oral dosage is one 8mg Ondansetron tablet or 10ml of Ondansetron oral solution given 3 times daily.
Post operative nausea & vomiting (PONV):
- Injection: The recommended I.V. dosage of Ondansetron for pediatric patients (2 to 12 years of age) is a single 0.1-mg/kg dose for pediatric patients weighing 40 kg or less, or a single 4 mg dose for pediatric patients weighing more than 40 kg. The rate of administration should not be less than 30 seconds, preferably over 2 to 5 minutes. Little information is available about dosage in pediatric patients younger than 2 years of age.
- Suppository: Not recommended.