Dicycloverine is indicated in:
- Functional bowel/ irritable bowel syndrome
- Urinary incontinence secondary to unstable detrusor muscle
- Infantile colic
- GIT spasm
- Colicky abdominal pain
- Abdominal colic
Dosage & Administration
Oral dosage forms–
- Adults:10 to 20 mg three times a day.
- Children >6 months of age: 5 to 10 mg three times a day.
- Children <6 months of age: Dose must be determined by the doctor.
Oral dicycloverine Hydrochloride should be started as soon as possible
Intramuscular dosage form–
- Adults: Intramuscular injection. Not for intravenous use. The recommended intramuscular dose is 80 mg daily (in 4 equally divided doses).
Intramuscular dosage form should not be used for periods longer than 1 or 2 days.
Dicycloverine is contraindicated in:
- Obstructive uropathy
- Obstructive disease of the gastrointestinal tract
- Severe ulcerative colitis
- Reflux esophagitis
- Unstable cardiovascular status in acute hemorrhage
- Myasthenia gravis
- Evidence of prior hypersensitivity to dicycloverine hydrochloride or other ingredients of this formulation
- Infants less than 6 months of age