Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria: Desloratadine is also indicated for the symptomatic relief of pruritus, reduction in the number of hives, and size of hives, in patients with chronic idiopathic urticaria 2 years of age and older.
Dosage & Administration
- Child 6 -11 months of age: 2 ml drops once daily
- Child 1 -2 years of age: 2.5 ml drops once daily
- Child 6-11 months of age: 2 ml once daily
- Child 1-5 years of age: 2.5 ml once daily
- Child 6-11 years of age: 5 ml once daily
- Adults & > 12 years of age: 10 ml once daily
- Adults and children 12 years of age and over: 5 mg daily
Pregnancy & Lactation
Lactation: Desloratadine passes into breast milk. Therefore, a decision should be made whether to discontinue nursing or to discontinue Desloratadine, taking into account the importance of the drug to the mother.