• Severe Allergic & Inflammatory Conditions
• Inflammatory Skin Disease- Dermatitis
• Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
• Rheumatoid Arthritis
• Ulcerative Colitis
• Chronic Arthritis
• Nephrotic Syndrome
Dosage & Administration:
For acute disorders, up to 120 mg/day Deflazacort may need to be given initially. Maintenance doses in most conditions are within the range 3 – 18 mg/day. In Rheumatoid arthritis: 3-18 mg/day & in Bronchial asthma: 48-72 mg/day.
In elderly patients, no special precautions other than those usually adopted in patients receiving glucocorticoid therapy are necessary. The common adverse effects of systemic corticosteroids may be associated with more serious consequences in old age.
• Initially 0.25-1.5 mg/kg/day
• Bronchial asthma: 0.25-1.0 mg/kg/day
• Juvenile chronic arthritis: 0.25-1.0 mg/kg/day
• Nephrotic syndrome: 1.5 mg/kg/day.