We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all visitors and users of Pharmacy.com.bd
We do not collect any personal information about you on our Website unless you choose to provide it to us voluntarily. If you decide to place an order with us, there is certain personal information that we will require from you in order to process your order. We define “personal information” as information that is unique to you and might include your name, delivery address, bank account number,credit/debit card number and expiration date, billing address, e-mail address, telephone number, your age, occupation, and style interests.
We use a trusted third party payment processing service to process your payment to us and we do not store your sensitive information.
With respect to your personal information that we do store, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, age, occupation, and style preferences, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information to prevent unauthorized access or unlawful processing of your personal information. We keep your information confidential and store it on a secure server which is password protected and hidden behind a firewall.
We use secure socket layer software (SSL) to encrypt all of your personal information including your name and address. This technology prevents you from inadvertently revealing personal information using an insecure connection.
You will have the opportunity to subscribe to certain areas of the Website. For instance, you may wish to receive our newsletter or other marketing information (by E-Mail or Direct Mail) or enter competitions. In these circumstances, we will ask for additional information, such as your age, occupation, style interests etc. We will also treat this information as “personal information,” as described in this policy. This will help us to target our marketing in a way we feel would be of specific interest to you. We may from time to time send with your ordered products, inserts advertising the goods or services of unrelated third party companies. However, we do not pass on your personal information to these third-party companies, except as provided in the Disclosure of Your Information section below.
We will only pass on your personal information to third parties if it is an essential part of our transaction with you (i.e. passing on your name and address to our carriers, or telephone number should there be a query with delivery, or using a third-party payment processor to process your payment for your purchase on our Website).
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the personal information you provide to us without your consent.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so it can be later read back from that browser. Cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user. We place both permanent and temporary cookies in your computer’s hard drive. The cookies do not contain any of your personally identifiable information.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information and other Information:
While you can browse some sections of our Website without being a registered member, certain activities (such as placing an order) do require registration. We do use your contact information to send you offers based on your previous orders and your interests. When you use our Website, we collect and store your personal information which is provided by you from time to time such as your name, age, gender, email address, residential address, telephone/mobile number, blood group, medical case and other relevant information as may be required.
In addition to the above, while you access or interact with the Services from any technological device which includes but is not limited to mobiles, tabs and computer system we may receive certain information, viz.:
- The name of your internet service provider;
- The ip address of the computer you use to access our services;
- The operating system you are using;
- The date and time you access our services;
- The website address, if any, that linked you to our services;
- Search engine, search terms and advertising clicks/actions;
- Surveys’ responses to the extent you do not include personal information;
- The manufacturer and model of your mobile device;
- Your mobile operating system;
- The type of mobile internet browsers you are using;
- Your geo-location;
- Information about how you interact with our website, such as how many times you use a specific part of the website over a given time period, the amount of time you spend using the website, how often you use the website, actions you take in the website and how you engage with the website;
- Information to allow us to personalize the services and content available through the website
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. If do not wish to receive marketing information from us you have the option of ‘opting out’. Clear instructions on how to opt out of each area will be detailed specifically (for instance at the bottom of our e-newsletter you will have the option ‘To unsubscribe form our emails click here’). Alternatively, please let us know in writing.
Sharing of personal information
We may share personal information with our other corporate entities and affiliates. These entities and affiliates may market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-out.
We may disclose personal information to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to provide you access to our Services, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our User Agreement, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent. Such third parties do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us to provide the Services and we take reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties are obligated to protect the Personal Information in the same manner as contemplated herein.
We may, however, disclose your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- To respond to court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
In due course of time we might use your Personal Information for any new and unanticipated reason not expressly mentioned in this Policy. We will obtain your consent in such cases as may be required by law.
Access to information
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please write to us at legal(AT)pharmacy.com.bd. We may charge you an administrative fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If a User uses the Services or accesses the Website after a notice of changes has been sent to such User or published on the Website, such User hereby provides his/her/its consent to the changed terms.
- I understand and have the knowledge that Personal Information is being collected.
- I understand and have the knowledge of the purpose for which my Personal Information is being collected.
- I understand and have the knowledge of the indented recipients of the information.
- I understand that I have the option not to provide the data or information sought to be collected by Pharmacy.com.bd and the Website.
- I understand that I also have an option (while availing the services of Pharmacy.com.bd, Website or otherwise) to withdraw my consent given earlier to Pharmacy.com.bd and understand and accept that such withdrawal of the consent shall be sent in writing and in such case Pharmacy.com.bd shall have the option not to provide the services for which the said information was sought at its discretion.
Address For Privacy Questions